There were two rounds of interview for Merage MBA Program (UC Irvine): Video Interview, and Skype Interview. You can get video interview questions at Merage Video Interview Question. My Skype Interview was conducted on 4th January 2017 by Ashley Ramirez. She was very energetic and seemed very enthusiastic when answering my questions. The interview lasted about half an hour. I have produced below University of California, Irvine: Paul Merage School of Business MBA Interview Questions that I was asked:
Paul Merage School of Business MBA Interview Questions: University of California, Irvine
1) Walk me through your resume, highlighting any accomplishment, connecting any dots that can’t be visibly connected.
2) What do you like about your job?
3) Follow up Question: How do you approach your subordinates to get work done from them? What happens if the turn?
4) Why MBA, and why at this point in career you want to pursue this degree?
5) Let’s talk about your career goals. Where do you see yourself after you complete your degree? What types of roles and what types of companies do you want to get into?
6) What is your Plan B if your Plan A doesn’t work out?
7) Why Merage School, and how did you first learn about the Program?
8) How Merage MBA will help you accomplish your career goal?
9) Merage School is a smaller community. We are constantly looking to improve our MBA Program. How will be contribute to the Merage School?
10) Profile Based Question: What will happen to your ventures once you decide to join Business School?
11) What professional accomplishment you are most proud of?
12) What is the biggest challenge you faced professionally or personally, and how did you overcome it?
13) Tell me about other schools you have applied to, and let’s say you are admitted to all of them, what matrix will you use to decide which school to attain?
14) What do you do for fun?
15) If you get to start your career over again, is there anything you want to do differently, and why?
16) What are the three words your friends use to describe you?
17) Is there anything we have not discussed today or is not in your application that you want admissions committee to know about you?
Follow up Question (Profile based question): Tell me more about this role and how long have you been involved in it?
18) That’s all questions I have for you. Do you have any questions that I can answer for you?
Other University of California, Irvine: Paul Merage School of Business MBA Interview Questions that were asked by other members of admissions committee to other applicants:
1) Have you done research on your post MBA goals? What are your post MBA career goals: Short Term and Long Term Goals?
2) How is your experience linked to your goals?
3) How would you market yourself to a recruiting company?
4) Tell me your Strengths / Weaknesses.
5) Is there anyone who has been an inspiration in your life/ leadership?
6) What are the factors you considered while selecting schools for your application?
7) One situation where you had to adjust because of cultural differences and what did you learn?
8) Describe your day in office and your role in your present team.
9) Tell us about your work profile, and any significant achievements.
10) Describe a situation when you were in a team and you achieved something.
These are set of University of California, Irvine: Paul Merage School of Business MBA Interview Questions that were asked to many applicants. If you are prepared well for these questions, I think you will enjoy your interview. All the best!!! If you are asked any other question, please share with me, so that I can include in the list.
If this article was helpful to you, kindly share using below buttons, and like us on Facebook.